HAS Technical Reviewers oversee students by answering student questions, assessing work, and providing daily feedback on lesson submissions from students. This position works collaboratively with the onsite team of JSC Education Specialists supporting the HAS project to ensure the project and participants are progressing to meet NASA’s education goals and outcomes. The Technical Reviewers are responsible for providing timely and accurate information to the NASA HAS Project Manager, OSU Management, and the JSC SEA project team.
Technical Reviewer Responsibilities
During the online course, the responsibilities include:
- supporting HAS students in the online learning community, Desire2Learn (D2L) to help ensure participant success and retention
- reviewing lesson submissions from students
- using the rubrics to help develop the skills of the students, both in quantitative evaluation and qualitative feedback
- attends mandatory online training sessions
- communicating honestly and openly, listening attentively, and assuming responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately
- exhibiting a courteous, conscientious and professional manner in the online workplace
Technical Reviewer Logistics
Technical Reviewers must have a valid Texas Teaching Certification/License, and reside in the state of Texas. A stipend will be provided, with a portion of payment issued as modules are completed. Reviewer applications open in September, followed by interviews. Invitations to participate are offered in October. Thank you for your interest in serving as a Reviewer.
Technical Reviewers are additionally encouraged to apply for the onsite Counselor positions during the residential summer experience.