Onsite Summer Experience
Six-day Residential Summer Experience
To continue the learning, selected students will be invited to a week at NASA’s Johnson Space Center. Lodging, meals and transportation to/from Houston are provided at no cost.
Students collaboratively work with a team to complete a Mars mission design challenge, engaging with:
- Mentors, NASA engineers and scientists who guide and facilitate research
- Hands-on activities to support mission to Mars research
- Team challenges relating to the mission research
- Tours of NASA facilities
- Guidance in possible STEM careers
At the conclusion of the week, a closing event is held for student participants. In addition to Scholars, Interns, Mentors and Student Mentors, invited guests include NASA senior staff and other NASA VIPs.
Upon completion of the summer workshop, each participant will receive the following:
- Certificate of completion for participating in HAS
- Group photograph taken by NASA Photography
- HAS polo shirt
- Supporting documentation to submit for Science elective credit
Onsite Experience Logistics
Notification regarding Travel, Lodging, Meals, and Rules of Conduct will be shared in the spring after invitation acceptance.